We’re an entrepreneurial team working to reshape the future of local news in our country. We’re passionate about journalism, civic engagement, and how local news plays a unique role in shaping our democracy. We’re a remote team helping build and grow sustainable local nonprofit news organizations all over the country.
American Journalism Project was honored among Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2023:
Explore current open roles at the American Journalism Project and jobs in our community below and learn more about how we support our team.
The American Journalism Project is seeking a Product & Partnerships Lead to join its new AI & Product studio to drive audience-centric product thinking and to develop strategic relationships with key external platform and technology partners.
The American Journalism Project is seeking a Vice President, Growth Investments to join our Growth Investments team to steward our relationships with the nonprofit news organizations in which AJP is investing growth capital while building their capacity and ability to grow their revenue and impact.
The American Journalism Project is seeking a Vice President, Local Partnerships to serve in an essential development leadership role in our organization. The role will be a critical part of some of the most exciting efforts happening in the local news field by leading the fundraising components of our local philanthropy partnerships and startup studio organizations.
Is your perfect role not on the list? The American Journalism Project is always looking for unique talent to be a part of our organization and the larger field of local civic news. If you are interested in joining in our work — or that of our grantees and partners — to establish and sustain local journalism as a public good, please share your information with us. We’ll be in touch if we think you’re a fit for a position that comes available.
Interested in a role within our community?
- Reporter, The Beacon (Wichita, KS)
- Logan Square Reporter, Block Club Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Major Gifts Officer, Block Club Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Editor, Capital B Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Gary Government and Politics Reporter, Capital B Gary (Gary, IN)
- Multiple reporting and audience roles, Capital B (Remote, Atlanta, GA and Gary, IN)
- Director of Operations and HR, City Bureau (Chicago, IL)
- Documenters Network Civic Developer, City Bureau (Chicago, IL)
- Executive Director, City Bureau (Chicago, IL)
- Director of Development, Cityside (Bay Area, CA preferred)
- Nosh Editor, Cityside (Bay Area, CA)
- Director of Annual Giving, CT Mirror (Hartford, CT)
- Manager of Events and Live Journalism, CT Mirror (Hartford, CT)
- Corporate Sponsorship Sales Executive, CT Mirror (Hartford, CT)
- Director of Development, Fort Worth Report (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Education Reporter, Forth Worth Report (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Multiple newsroom positions, Houston Landing (Houston, TX)
- Executive Producer, ICT (Phoenix, AZ)
- Reporting, editing and development roles, Indiana Local News Initiative (Central Indiana)
- Documenters Program Manager, inewsource (San Diego, CA)
- Executive Director, inewsource (San Diego, CA)
- Health Care Reporter, Kansas City Beacon (Kansas City, MO)
- LPM News Host, Louisville Public Media (Louisville, KY)
- Development Manager, Mountain State Spotlight (Charleston, WV)
- Emerging Journalist Fellowship, Mountain State Spotlight (Charleston, WV)
- Executive Director, Mountain State Spotlight (Charleston, WV)
- State Government Watchdog Reporter, Mountain State Spotlight (Charleston, WV)
- Audience Manager, Nebraska Journalism Trust (Omaha, NE)
- Civic Live Reporter, Outlier Media (Detroit, MI)
- Director of Development, San José Spotlight (San José, CA)
- Audience Engagement Specialist, San José Spotlight (San José, CA)
- Education Reporter, San José Spotlight (San José, CA)
- Audience Management Specialist, Verite (New Orleans, LA)
- Fall Internship, VTDigger (VT)
- Chittenden County Editor, VTDigger (Montpelier, VT)
- Community Journalism Director, Waco Foundation (Waco, TX)
Executive Director for Development (Membership & Major Gifts), WFAE (Charlotte, NC)